An enchanting, vibrant universe awaits beneath the surface of Jardines de la Reina. Within its submerged depths lies a captivating world filled with brightly colored sponges and gorgonian coral that spread their branches through caves formed within crevices in the vertical walls. As you explore this living landscape further, discover tranquil mangroves which provide shelter for young fish populations while filtering water to keep things flourishing - all interconnected as part of an intricate balance keeping every species embraced by amazing abundance & beauty! Declared a Marine Park back in 1996, it's no wonder why these crystal clear waters have been cherished and protected ever since- what an extraordinary paradise above or below sea level!
The biggest populations of adult fish in the Caribbean, Sharks, Snappers, and Groupers; Jewfish up to 400 pounds are an everyday experience. Sharks are one of the main attractions and you can see them everywhere. You can easily dive with 6 different species: Silkies, Reef, Lemon, Black tip, King Hammerhead, and nurse sharks. From July to November, you have the chance to swim with Whale Sharks. Gardens of the Queen is certainly one of the last virgin reefs known by man. Dive and snorkel sites are well protected from the winds and sea currents. Visibility is more than 40 meters. There is a wide variety of fish and corals.
Journey to the paradisiacal Gardens of the Queen Marine Park and explore a million-acre paradise full of sea life! Feel your worries drift away with each wave and admire an abundance of migrating birds that make their way from North America all the way down to South America. With 68 species, this wildlife sanctuary is truly something special.
And that is not all the fun you'll be having!
On the way to meet your boat, we will stop in Cienfuegos. If Cuba had a Paris, this would be it. French colonial buildings line the wide avenues and give it an airy feeling. Its heritage and atmosphere earnt it not only the nickname ‘Pearl of the South’ but also a UNESCO Heritage Listing in 2005. We'll stop buy local art galleries to admire original artwork and the masters at work. From here we head to Camaguey, another cultural centre with a fascinating pirate history.
From here we head to Jucaro, to board your liveaboard that will take you to the Jardines de la Reina for 7 days.
There are 3-4 dives each day. Whenever you are ready you can return to the yacht and relax in luxury after your underwater exploration! Unwind with a cool drink and movies, and avail yourself of the air-conditioned lounge's big-screen TV. Or soak up some sun on the luxurious upper deck while lounging in cushioned chairs and couches. Looking to document your adventures? Utilize our digital editing computer as you relive each unique experience out on the reefs before taking a dip at night into our very own jacuzzi - perfect for sipping mojitos under starry skies!
Upon your return to land, we will take a slow return to Havana to soak up the Cuban sun and enjoy Cuban life. Our first stop is Trinidad. Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1988, Cuba’s oldest and most enchanting city. This place is truly unique, with its mixture of history, mojitos, dance, and art scene mixed with the charm of cobblestone streets, horsing carts, and an amazing colonial atmosphere.
Of course, no trip to Cuba can conclude without a classic car cruise-in Havana's vibrant streets, so we will enjoy that ride on the last night in Havana.
Is This Trip Right For You?
- Be aware! We NEVER use hotels! Our aim is to give back to the community, as such we always use Casas as our accommodation option. Of course we are aware of western comfort requirements, so as a standard, we ensure pillows, air conditioning and private bathrooms.
- In saying that... Do remember that you are in a country with lower infrastructure standards. As such, power cuts, especially in cyclone season are expected. Water pressure may be low and hot water in short supply. This really just adds to the adventure.
- Previously Cash was king! Some service providers now insist on the use of credit cards to reduce cash handling, but be aware that some cards may not work in Cuba. So have several options available.
- Internet access is available, but is limited. Why not choose this time to switch off and relax? If it is not entirely possible, we will assist you to get connected.
- Come without expectations, as things don’t always go to plan. And bring your sense of humour, in case you need to deal with things in 'Cuban time'!
- The roads can be a challenge, whilst we ensure we get you there safely, it may take longer than you would expect in any other part of the world. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
Further Information About Our Tours
Want more info in preparation of your trip? Our Trip Information page provides further information regarding things you need to know, accommodation transfers, emergencies, passport & visa info, what to pack and more, that you may need to know about this adventure. Click here to read
Legality for Americans: Services are OFAC compliant under the general license Support for the Cuban people 515.574.
We also provide you with detailed joining instructions prior to your travel. 😎